Why Do I Write??

A blog that collects my random thoughts and actions as I negotiate the world of a single woman living alone in a metropolis. I enjoy the aesthetics of quotidian things, and my interests range from sublime to trite. Welcome!!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Insomnia

It's after dusk, when dreams come alive, that the head is de-clogged, that we are most able to hold all our life in the palm of our skull. Is there an attraction to insomnia...I don't know if anyone has ever pointed out this before, but i strongly believe in its existance; the night seems to release a little more of our vast prehistoric instincts and feelings; as with the dawn, a little honey is allowed to ooze between the lips of the sandwich, a little of the stuff of dreams to drip into the waking mind. Yes, perhaps that's why some of us are insomniacs; night is so precious that it would be pusillanimous to sleep all through it! A "sleepless night" is not always something to lose sleep over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home