Why Do I Write??

A blog that collects my random thoughts and actions as I negotiate the world of a single woman living alone in a metropolis. I enjoy the aesthetics of quotidian things, and my interests range from sublime to trite. Welcome!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Hate List

Just to let off some steam from my almost exploding head, I have created the following list of things I hate. However, don’t get me wrong, I do not mean hate in its most intense form, when I say ‘hate’, what I rather mean is 'dislike'. The main objects of my satire are the people I meet in my day-to-day life, although I know that some of my views are skewered, but that’s what makes my hate list unique…

I Hate my Boss
My boss venerates idiocy. Just because she is the Boss, she thinks that she can clomp on me as much as she pleases. Say what her heart desires and stick to her idiosyncrasies at all times. A lady Hitler look alike, this dame also sports a pair of hideous dark green contact lenses on her shrewd prying eyes. The very sight of her morbid appearance makes me puke out the shit of a thousand dinner. I wonder why she is the way she is, is it the endorphins? Is it that sinister foil of the ego; the shadow? Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of my boss?

I Hate rash drivers
I am a pedestrian most of the time and I really enjoy my walks. Some rash drivers make my life difficult. I hate them.

I Hate expensive restaurants where they leave you asking for more..
These are the expensively silly places where they play amazing music and serve you1 measly plate of spring rolls and call it an appetizer. That's a tease, not an appetizer, dumb folks! I work hard to make money and I hate to see it go waste.

I Hate it when people act as if I am talking to a wall
Ever noticed while talking, when the other person would suddenly say "What?" just after you asked them a question, then you are just about half way through the first word of the question and they suddenly DID hear what you say and answer it.

I Hate when someone puts me on the speakerphone even when they're the only one in the room
Just because someone’s too lazy to use his/her hands to hold up the phone I have to strain my ear to hear. That’s so unfair. Moreover, if they are reallllyyy busy then how about them calling me up when their work’s done.


I Hate people who use their shopping carts/baby strollers as battering rams
The message is clear , these guys want everybody to clear their path. Why , are they hollywood stars?? While the new mommas really know to use their baby to best effect!

I Hate people who talk to me with their headphones still on
I always talk to them at below normal volume so they will have to take them off and go, "What?"

I Hate people who hold the door for me when I’m still 40 feet away from it
This makes me feel obligated to hurry towards them so they're not standing there holding it open for too long. Thanks for the "favor," dumbo.

I hate people who hear their cell phone ring, pull it out of the bag, then take another 5 seconds looking at who it is before answering it
Hearing the entire Himesh Reshammiya song ringtone once wasn't nearly enough. Thanks for the repeat.

I Hate running out of
a) Chocolates
b) Reading material
c) My cell phone cash card
d) Milk, bread and Maggi
e)Moisturizer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home