Why Do I Write??

A blog that collects my random thoughts and actions as I negotiate the world of a single woman living alone in a metropolis. I enjoy the aesthetics of quotidian things, and my interests range from sublime to trite. Welcome!!

Friday, April 28, 2006

A Game Called...

Think of it as alter-ego. Think of it as SUPER ego. Think of it as ID. Think of it as staid. Think of it as whimsical. Think of it as prudish. Think of it what you will...it's a game afterall

____________________________________________________________________

Scraps of conversations built upon the fragile illusion of the absence of reality


"Let's play ‘catch surprises’."

”And what exactly is ‘catch surprises’?”

Well, it’s a game”

"What kind of game is ‘catch surprises’? I never heard of it before"

"Well, it won't be a surprise game anymore if I tell you what it is."

"But for playing a game I need to know the rules."

"The rules of this game are very simple and I’am sure that you will figure out the rules yourself, as you play."

"But I want to make sure that I don’t make any mistakes?"

"Mistakes are meant for learning."

"That is not fair."

"Yes, I know."

"What’s a game without rules, it is just you having all the fun then ."

"Who said that games are for fun and again it was a game to you? I just said 'Let's play catch surprises’."

"Okay, let's hypothize that I play catch surprises. Who is to decide who has won?"

"Sorry, You won't be able to decide"

"Now what does that mean??will I win or I won't?"

"Whichever way you want to look at it."

"I need some answers, don't you think so?."

"You won't know if you have won even if you win, as a fallout you will never know."

"Why would I want to play the game then?"

"Because it is not a game to you."

"Then what is it?"

"It’s a surprise called life."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm amazed at your insight

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home