Why Do I Write??

A blog that collects my random thoughts and actions as I negotiate the world of a single woman living alone in a metropolis. I enjoy the aesthetics of quotidian things, and my interests range from sublime to trite. Welcome!!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Blues!

Monday. Again? Who invented this awful day?

I think I look like Medusa today. EEsh! Bad start to a bad day. I wake up reaaaaaaaaaly early only to bid tearful bye-byes to my mom and brother. I hate byes but guess I have to put up with it. Then there is the excuse that gloom gives me. For instance, today it gave me an excuse to have dark milk chocolates. Although I have hardly eaten chocolates this month, but today it’s different, there’s something very comforting about this sinful, cholesterol-ridden food when I'm sad. However, the guilt of having two bars of chocolate has turned the incorrigible optimist in me into a doom doctor. All I can see is my fat self, whining colleagues, unhappy bosses and distracting elements at the workplace (yes! Cafeteria poses a major distraction for me, as all I want is jugfuls of java!).


Gosh! What am I doing? Let me just hocus-pocus for better focus. It's 4:30 pm and I’ve already been out and about...the April sun is shining bright. The birds are chirping and the flies are stupidly dive-bombing people's heads...what more do I need? Why am I battling with my inner demon who insists that my life as it is now is no good...Monday blues aside-I don't think I've ever been happier. I am dreamy eyed. I have a permanent smile plastered to my face. It's terrifying. And I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home