Why Do I Write??

A blog that collects my random thoughts and actions as I negotiate the world of a single woman living alone in a metropolis. I enjoy the aesthetics of quotidian things, and my interests range from sublime to trite. Welcome!!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Beware...I bite!!!

Beware…I bite.
I wish I had a T-shirt with the quote inscribed and I could wear it and meet my prospective partner(s)…eh ! but all this remains a wishful thinking. So far I didn’t have choice as my parents made sure I dressed traditional and posed…what the heck! But on second thoughts all I did to help my parents get their dream son-in-law, was to act shy and docile, and muster faint yes’s when nudged by them. I felt claustrophobic and like a liar. It wasn’t ME by any chance, so why the fuck was I pretending! That stupid act wasn’t taking me anywhere..neither was luck. So my chances of bumping into a literature junkie with spectacles framing his bright eyes (in short my dream man) was minimal.
Meeting people online has its own set of shortcomings…what if the guy turns out to be a psychopath, a leech, a rapist, an alcoholic, a drug addict, a nymphomaniac or simply gay. What if he expects me to behave like his fantasies(aka Demi Moore-Striptease!).Heck, I know I'm in that group now. I mean, do I have a choice? Parents thingy is too overbearing, luck is abysmal so online search is the next best thing. Oh damn! If I weren't a shy, hermit-like, picky girl, who is able to have a normal conversation, I wouldn't be online. I'm not a problem-free catch, neither are my type of guys. The whole trick is ‘how to get the twain meet’.
Im not sure if my type exists at all...so far i have not been able to carry a conversation for more than 10 minutes without feeling spaced out. not even sure what i'm loooking for in terms of qualities, maybe will put it down in paper sometime but what i'm afraid of is basically getting those differences just thrown back in my face along with a metaphorical "f--- you." Life is indeed tricky …what do I do? Maybe I’ll just go back to my hermit-lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home